TagStation enables you to manage song matches between your automation system and the Gracenote music database to ensure you're providing accurate song data for broadcast.
Login to TagStation. Select an entity to arrive at the Manage Songs page for that entity. The Manage Songs page (below) provides an at-a-glance view of your song library's match statuses.
At the top of the Manage Songs page is the Songs Overview panel, and below is the Results list. The default view shows the total songs processed by TagStation (All Songs).
Click a status category to display the list of songs within that category in the Results list.
- Matched Songs : User-confirmed auto-matches and manually matched songs.
- Auto-matched Songs : Songs matched to Gracenote data by TagStation.
- Unmatched : Songs unable to be matched to Gracenote data.
- Customized : Songs that you've customized by editing song data or uploading custom album art.
The content of the Results list depends upon the status filter you have selected, or whether you've entered a search term to narrow the results. The default view shows the total songs processed by TagStation (All Songs).
For every song in the Results list you'll see the song's status icon, title and artist name that TagStation sends back for broadcast. You'll also notice a magnifying glass that reveals album information and artwork when you hover over it with your mouse. Other columns include time stamps for the last time a song was played and the last time a song was matched or modified in TagStation, and a column that shows the song's Cut ID as reported by your automation system.
Click any heading in the Results list to sort the column.
Use the Search fields at the top or bottom of the page to search by song title, artist name or cut ID to narrow the results list and find what you're looking for quickly.
When a new song is received by TagStation, the song data from your automation system is used make an automatic match in the Gracenote music database. If a song is auto-matched in TagStation, the song data and album art from Gracenote will be broadcast each time the song is played.
If you're happy with the song data and album selection provided by Gracenote, confirm the song as a correct match.
If, for instance, the album art matched by Gracenote is from a Greatest Hits album, and you'd like to broadcast artwork from the original release, you can simply change the match at any time.
Confirming or Changing matches for Auto-Matched Songs
To confirm or change an auto-matched song, click on the song in the Results list. Doing so reveals the original song data received from your automation system as well two action buttons: Change Match and a Confirm.
Click Confirm to confirm the match and the song's status will change from auto-matched to matched.
To change a match click the Change Match button. Doing so will launch a Search box that enables you to search the Gracenote database for your desired match.
Edit the search data if it is inaccurate then click "Search" to return the information available in the Gracenote database.
Click on the result you wish to match to your song. Doing so adds the data and changes the song status to "Matched."
You may also click the "Match then Customize" button () within the individual result record. This adds the available information to the song while opening the "customize" interface to enable you to further customize the data.
You may also choose to click "Customize" at the bottom of the interface to manually enter in song details.
To learn more about customizing songs, click HERE.
Matching Unmatched Songs
The same process described above is used to match Unmatched songs. Most commonly, songs are "unmatched" because the data being passed to TagStation contains misspellings. To match these songs click "Unmatched Songs" in the Song Overview panel to display all unmatched songs.
Next, click a song name to launch the search window. Click on the result you wish to match to your song, which adds the data to the song and changes its status to "Matched."
If a match is not available, you'll likely want to customize the song.
Gracenote Search enables you to search the Gracenote database. You may find this feature useful when adding songs to your automation system for the first time. Before entering, search the database for correct spelling of Artist - Title - Album. Doing so will ensure a proper auto-match when the song is eventually played for the first time.
- The Upload Song List function enables you to pre-populate TagStation with your song data, rather than waiting for the data to enter TagStation organically (when it is delivered to TagStation via automation).
- The Upload Song function enables you to add a single song. Just add song title, artist and cut ID to upload and match and match the song.
- To delete a song from the TagStation interface, click the song and then click the "delete" icon to the lower left side of the song record.
- To batch delete songs from the TagStation interface, scroll to the bottom of the Songs tab. In the empty field box select the category of songs you wish to delete (unmatched, automatched, matched, customized) - then click "Delete." To further refine the group of songs to delete select an option from the "Last Played" drop down menu.
Related Content: Learning TagStation